Who is the Data Controller of your data?
- Holder: BCNSunlight Language School
- Company Tax ID: 52275186G
- Registered address: Calle Otigosa 14, 2-2-6 08003 Barcelona
- Contact number: +34 931384957
Purpose of the data processing and data categories processed
What data categories do we process?
BCNSUnlight Language School processes the following data categories:
- Identification data: name, surname, address, email, postal code, telephone.
- Academic and professional data: education/titles, student record, professional experience, affiliation to professional boards or associations, in the case of selection processes.
- User identification codes or passwords.
- Traffic and location data.
- Country of residence
- Electronic communication metadata.
- Commercial information data.
- Server log file information
- Economic, financial or bank data.
- Preferred educational courses
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Location information
The personal data requested is mandatory. If you don’t provide them, the hired services cannot be delivered.
What is the legal standing for processing your data?
The legal standing for BCNSunlight Language School to process user data in order to register the user on the Platform is in the stakeholder’s consent, requested in each case.
Additionally, the handling of the product and service hiring through the Platform, as well as the appropriate payment, invoicing and deliveries, is legitimised by the execution of the contract itself.
The processing of data to send electronic newsletters with offers, promotions and news related to our Platform, commercial and/or promotional information, the creation of anonymous statistical reports regarding access habits and activities of the users on the website, and the creation of commercial profiles using data from handling the products and services hired with BCNSunlight Lnahguage School, are based on the legitimate interest of BCNSunlight Language School of carrying out such processing pursuant to current legislation.
The consents obtained for the mentioned purposes are independent; therefore, the user may revoke one or several of them without affecting the rest.
Furthermore, the user information may be used to comply with BCNSunlight Language School legal requirements.
In the case of subscribing to published job offers, your data will be processed based on your consent, which may be revoked at any time, although it would mean your application cannot be considered in our personnel selection processes. However, revoking your consent will not affect the lawfulness of past processing.
How do we collect your data
Within Mercadona’s commitment to personal data protection and privacy, we inform you of other data processing that could take place in the framework of client relationships, specifically regarding telephone helplines. We along with our service providers may collect personal information in several ways:
- Through our website: we can collect personal information through the site, for example, when you subscribe to a newsletter or make a purchase.
- Data from you: information such as your date of birth, gender and zip code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, can be collected when you voluntarily provide this information to us.
- Through our server’s log files: your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is automatically identified and recorded in our server log files each time a user visits the website, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) they have visited.
- Through your browser or device: certain information is collected by most browsers, or automatically through your device. We use this information for statistical purposes and to ensure that our website functions correctly.
- Physical location: we can collect the physical location of your device.
- Offline: We can collect your personal information offline, for example when you contact customer service over the phone.
- From other sources: we may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social networking platforms, or other third parties. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your website account, certain personal information from your social media account may be shared with us.
How do we protect your personal data
BCNSunlight Language School have the capacity to provide technological and operational security designed to protect personal information against loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. However, we are not responsible for the policies and practices of collection, use and disclosure (including data security practices) of other organizations such as Apple, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, or any other application developer, application provider, social network platform provider, operating system provider or device manufacturer; this includes any personal information that you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the applications of our social network web pages.
Online registration and payment of our courses is carried out through a secure server.
The personal information you provide will be stored in a confidential file for which BCNSunlight Language School will be solely responsible. We use demographic information purely for internal research purposes and statistical analysis, to help us better understand the needs and preferences of our users.
What rights do the stakeholders have?
- You may send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and free of cost, the following rights:
- Revoke given consent.
- Obtain confirmation regarding if BCNSunlight Language School is processing your personal data or not.
- Access your personal information and rectify incorrect or incomplete information.
- Request the elimination of your data when, among other reasons, it is no longer needed for the purposes it was gathered or request the transfer of your information.